Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wish I had a camera - but you're glad I didn't

So yesterday, there was a torrential downpour from about noon to 1pm. I know this for a fact. Mostly because Hans and I got to Disneyland around 11am. We got in line on our favorite ride, and when we came out, it was raining. Not a big deal, so we just kept going on the same ride, since there were no lines. However, we then wanted to go from the back of DCA to the back of Disneyland to go on Space Mountain. By the time we got there, we were both wet through 2 layers of clothes.

We waited in vain for the monorail, which broke down. Now if you know Disneyland, you know that at this point we are at the furthest point possible from our car. We decided not to wait in the freezing cold rain and just to walk it. By this point the smallest puddles were 4" deep. We arrived at our car with no dry clothes to speak of. Including underwear.

Here's where I wish I had a camera, but you're glad I didn't. Hans and I stripped down to our skivvies in the back seat of the car (imagine my 6"+ husband taking off wet jeans in the back of a car (or don't, actually). We both got down to our undies and drove home with the heater on full blast. I was still shivering when we pulled into the garage. THEN we had to walk up to our apartment building with no clothes on. Our neighbors are thankful they didn't run into the crazy couple that lives in apartment 5 that day.

After a long shower and blankets on the couch, we finally recovered from our scantily-clad, wet day.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

awww...what a memory that will be to tell your kids!

joybells said...

TMI. But funy story.

Heidi Stokke said...

You crazy kids! That is way too funny but I hope that you didn't get sick. Hey, you probably didn't look too different than most Southern Californians:) Love you, Mama