Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter service on Sunday morning was so awesome! Got me really excited to live the rest of the year remembering that I am covered in God's grace. To celebrate this amazing fact, I had to express myself creatively. So, I made an Easter dress!

I used some of the Balinese fabric my hubby bought me, and a nice brown linen for the bottom. This was my first time making a fitted top and with a lining. I think it came out nicely. I had a few minor fitting issues, but those were remedied with some quick darts. After adding a tan belt and shoes I was set. However, it was raining all morning, so the pictures were the only time the top of the dress was seen. Boo! I'm looking forward to giving it a real debut as soon as the sun comes out!






Oh, we're housesitting for Hans' aunt and uncle this week, hence the lovely scenery.

2 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love your dress...and the setting in the background looks so pretty! God is good!

hjw said...

Oh my goodness. You are so completely awesome.