Friday, May 13, 2011

Around the House

It's amazing the fun and pretty things around my house that I stopped appreciating. I've taken sort of a photo diary of a few of my favorite sights in my little home.

These herbs (Basil, Parsley, Chives and Oregano) are the first plants I've ever planted from a seed and they are actually growing despite my black thumb! They're troopers too. I didn't know you were supposed to water seeds, until my husband told me that yes, you water seeds to make them grow. (Believe me about the black thumb now?)


This is the tree outside our window, and it's been blooming and smells so lovely!


I love this lamp. $6 at a thrift store, and my grey goose ($12 at anthro) and my Lady and Sons Cookbook (groupon) on my favorite side table (thrift store $10). I also love a good deal, can you tell?

This is the wall next to my bed and I just love it. Two pics from our wedding, some handmade embroidery hoops (yep a mustache to commemorate when H had a fancy 'stache), the S that I covered and adorned and some thrift store silhouettes.


What things do you have around your house that maybe you don't even notice any more, but that you treasure?

No comments: