Friday, August 21, 2009

More Invitations

Stokke update: Let's see here, Hans' trip to Bali was cancelled due to his buddy's knee bending in the wrong direction (ouch!), and so I took him to Disneyland on Tuesday and we renewed our passes (anyone else have passes and want to go?), Hans' car was broken into on Tuesday night, and my birthday present was stolen along with Hans' wetsuit and his change (seriously? change?), Anna and Eric came over last night and we played some scrabble along with a bottle of wine, which made for interesting words like newt, ici, and ofus (only one of which is a real word), Brianna and I are moving towards having a big Christmas season with Geschenk (order early!), our apartment manager sprayed down the walkways which means puddles for at least a week since we have no direct sunlight, I made really good pasta last night and I haven't been running in too long. That's the update amongst many other things like, inheriting a new computer and typewriter, sewing a birthday banner, seeing fun movies, and the list goes on.

I must say though, that through adversity, like having your birthday present stolen, I realized that I don't really know what adversity is. Not that my trials are small to me, but it helps to remember that in comparison to a large portion of the world, my birthday present being stolen goes in the bummer category and no further.

Also, I've learned that my husband has a very cool head on his shoulders. The broken window and missing items from his car hardly ruffled his feathers. He figured that once in 4 years in the LBC isn't too bad.

So I apologize that my blog has become my bragging spot, but I'm just having so much fun creating! Here's 2 more invitations I've recently created.



No comments: