Monday, March 14, 2011

Making things for me! Part 2

So in an effort to make things for myself, I completely made up my own pattern and created this little number. Now, it's a bit scandalous for every day wear, but I think it will make a perfect beach-front top in Bali. I basically started with a square of my favorite fabric, then I made the top curve down on either side to give it a better fit. (Going straight around your back is not flattering, trust me.) Then I finished all my edges and added an over-sized contrasting bow in the back to hold it together. It still needed a little something, so I added some darts. I love darts. So I added 2 darts coming down from the top and a few in the middle to give me a little shape. I think the outcome is quite lovely! Again, not appropriate for church, but will make a perfect airy top for riding a scooter in Bali.


3 comments:

mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther Nell McCurry said...

What's this about Bali? I didn't know you were going. When do you leave?

Doug & Judi, said...

You're amazing and I love the top. Good job girl!