Friday, July 8, 2011

Hooray for Lynden!

I spent my 4th of July in beautiful downtown Lynden, Washington. The weather up there was actually better than here in SoCal. It was 73 degrees and sunny the whole time. It was amazing! I guess the best part was spending time with David, Rachel and little Molly. I love Molly, and I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm awesome.
So I baked a cake for a 4th of July BBQ with David, Rachel and some friends . . . So it wasn't completely cooled and this is what happens when you put cake together before it's ready. The cake prevailed and completely dismantled itself in warm protest. However, it still tasted great! (Those raspberries are a Lynden specialty, thanks Barbie!)
Here's my newest niece! Isn't she a doll? She's super content and easy. Sleeps 10 hours a night and is generally happy all day and she eats like a champ! I would say "You're so preeeeeeeety" in a sing-songy voice and she would smile every time, so adorable! Also, I made her that awesome buck head shirt in time for hunting season :)
It was a fabulous trip. Full of walks, naps, Harry Potter, kiddo time and lots of outdoors. All the things that make any trip great.

2 comments:

Krysta said...

That looks like a lot of fun. That baby is adorable!

Mikko Tyllinen said...

wonderful pictures! the cake looks fantasic! beautiful!